- An ordinance to repeal the Prohibition of Forcible Conversion of Religious Ordinance, 2002 (promulgated on 10th October 2002) will be passed shortly.
- All punishments meted out to Government employees and school teachers revoked.
- All cases filed under TESMA against DMK, Congress (I), and the communist party leaders will be withdrawn.
- AIADMK Govt. will move a resolution in the assembly to drop the privilege proceedings against The Hindu and Murasoli.
- Electricity will be free to all farmers, irrespective of their land holding. The state Govt. will reimburse the State Electricity Board the costs incurred.
The worrying thing is, any kind of sensible reform in the state government machinery has been set back by several years.
There are several things still to be addressed. Here is a partial list:
- Withdrawal of POTA against Vaiko, though now it is in the hands of the public prosecutor. Perhaps POTA itself may be repealed.
- Re-instatement of the kannaki statue, and a honest explanation of what really went on behind the scenes.
- A statement on why Queen Mary's College was chosen for demolition.
- Stopping the attempt to build the new secretariat in Kotturpuram, Anna University Campus, and perhaps shift it to Mahabalipuram.
- Perhaps, rebuilding Seerani Arangam.